May 11, 2011

So, the joke goes...



One beautiful afternoon, the pastor of a small Southern town decided to make the rounds to visit some members of his congregation.  After chatting a while with one, he'd move on to another, and all was going fine and dandy until he knocked on the fifth door on his route.  No one answered, so he knocked again.  After trying a third time, he got out a pencil and paper and left this note on his apparently absent congregant's door:

"Revelation 3:20"

The following Sunday there was a business meeting involving elections after the church service, for which ballots were taken up and given to the pastor.  He read each and kept tally, and all was going fine and dandy until he came upon a ballot which only read:

"Genesis 3:10"


*****


For your reference:

Rev. 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Gen. 3:10 - I heard the sound of You in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself.


*****

Please note: This joke works best (and maybe only) if told with a heavy Southern accent.

2 comments: